Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pet Peeves Part 1

The following is a partial list of Dressing Room pet peeves (in no particular order):

1. Large groups to "help" the bride choose her dress
2. Brides that arrive to just "get ideas" because they are not technically engaged yet
3. Lack of underwear (see post titled "A question of numbers")
4. Lack of money ("I would like a really beaded ball gown with a long train. I want to look like a princess! I can spend $200.")
5. Too many ideas ("I really like simple mermaids with no beading. I also like the tulle ball gowns. Oh, I'd like to try a crumb catcher, and I love one shoulder dresses. Do you have dresses with color in them? Where can I find the gowns that are flowy like a grecian goddess? I want to try that, too.")
6. Moms that keep repeating "How can we get a good idea how this will look on her if it isn't in her size?" even after the consultant and bride explain about sample sizing.
7. Moms that keep repeating "How can we get a good idea how this will look on her if it isn't in her color?" even after the consultant and bride explain about sample colors and other color options.
8. Moms that keep repeating "In my day a bride was supposed to wear white. And why do brides these days wear strapless and let it all hang out? I don't understand why you don't want a train, a bride is supposed to have a train..."
9. Previously married (i.e. experts) bridesmaids who give bad advice ("You are hippy, so you should tay away from A lines and other dresses that are full through the hips. You should definitely get something fitted, it won't add bulk.)
10. People that ask questions, but don't listen to the answers.
11. Groups that don't listen to the bride.
12. Bored children running around the store.
13. Stinky feet
14. Brides that think just because a store carries a particular line, they have every dress available and are mad when they don't have the exact dress they saw online.
15. Customers that don't treat us like professionals.
16. Customers that have an argument in the store about who will be paying for the dress and how much can they spend.
17. Moms that are so confident that everyone wants their opinion that they offer it to the bride in the next dressing room ("If you ask me, honey, that dress makes you look thick in the middle.")
18. Grooms that will not allow a bride to choose her dress without his "approval", even if she wants to suprise him and is paying for it herself.
19. Drunk shoppers
20. Anyone that makes my bride cry.

I am guessing I'll add more to this list at a later date.